Thursday, September 12, 2013

Summer wrap up.

Well its that time of year again - fall.

So time to pack up all the summer projects and get ready to travel. Starting tomorrow at 10am I'll be on my way to Italy with the rest of the team. We'll be spending two weeks skiing at a glacier on Stelvio pass in Northern Italy, about a 5 hour drive from where we fly into, Zurich, Switzerland. The skiing should be good as they have been having temps in the high 20s to low 30s and slight amounts of snowfall of late. I'll be sure to update with some photos when I get the chance.

The end of summer went well for me with plenty of sunny days and good training. I was able to get in a few local running races and had one of my best cross country races at the Caribou Alumni race the last weekend of August - 14:35 for a 2.75miler.

The garden was bountiful this summer and I didn't have to buy much for groceries, other than the staples. It took some extra work to get the garden going and to keep the weeds knocked down, but the quality of produce was worth it.

Update with pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment