Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mayhem.

Life has been pretty hectic this week. It wasn't that way last week or even the week before - I was visiting Dartmouth college on a traincation (a training vacation). The trip was a blast, and I got in some really solid training thanks to the Dartmouth team! Not to mention, I also got to visit Hilary (main motivation of the trip?). But now that I'm back home I've had my socks blown off by my undertakings.

I think I've finally hit the threshold of how much I can bite off and still manage to chew. I came home from a recovery week and jumped full bore back in to training, work, and my gardening aspirations, and I think this time I may have taken on more thing than I can actually handle. I mean, I can handle all three. The word handle, according to the ol' Merriam-Webster, means, "to act on or perform a required function with regard to." And that's about all I've been able to do this week - perform my required functions. What I haven't been able to do this week is excel at any of the things I try. I've been getting the training hours in, but I haven't been doing the recovery work, or the homework I need to be doing if I really want to be good.

Luckily I have the weekend to catch up on things (like my out of control greenhouse, pictured below!) and reflect on what I really want to accomplish. Hopefully next week I can do a better job of prioritizing what really matters, cut out the fluff from my day, and excel at skiing!

Quality running intervals this morning at the Caribou high school
Best of luck to all those at the Fat Tire Fest 12-hour today! Its a beautiful day for it. Hot! Yes, but beautiful, none the less.

-Welly


Greenhouse mayhem.

No comments:

Post a Comment