Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Back in the blogging game.

     After an extended hiatus from blogging, I think I'm ready to pick it up once again. Today's post should, hopefully, bring you up to date with what's gone on in my life since November. If any of what I write actually gets read and/or interests you, please let me know. Get involved; comment; "like" my blog; give me grief when I don't post. Thanks in advance.

     Let's begin with a recap of last race season:

     In the 2014 race season I moved up to the 20th rank on the USSA list by means of a few sub-50 FIS point races including a top-10 at U.S. Nationals in Soldier Hollow, UT and a Super Tour podium in Craftsbury, VT.


     My race calendar was a bit thin, but having fewer races allowed me to train more mid season and to visit more school ski programs. I was able to make it down to Monticello a few times to visit one of my favorite programs at the Wellington elementary school. Sadly, the school will be closed this year, but hopefully the program will continue on in some form!


     I was also able to enjoy some of the best ski conditions I've ever seen at the Nordic Heritage Center. A mid-winter rain sped things up in February and big storms late in the season made for great skiing into April. My thanks go out to Von Perry for some excellent grooming. 


     In the spring and early summer I was able to collaborate with Russell Currier for intervals every few weeks-- skate intervals. 


     In July I joined Matt Liebsch and his Midwestern crew for a trip to the Haig glacier in Canmore, Alberta. It was great to get back on skis during the middle of the training season and to get in a bunch of on-snow time during that stress free time of year. 


Next post to cover Summer etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment