Monday, December 9, 2013

Race season kickoff

A bit iced up during a -10F ski at Lindley Park, Bozeman, MT
     I like to start every race season with a race. This year that wasn't how it went. I traveled to West Yellowstone, MT for the season openers, but got sick on the way and wasn't able to race. It took me a few days to get over the cold and I filled out the week with base training. Then the Super Tour headed up to Bozeman where I hoped to start my season. However, cold temperatures left the organizers no option but to cancel the sprint race Saturday, though we were still able to race the 15km on a -4F Sunday afternoon, but I didn't finish the race.
Welly now (L) Welly five years ago (R)
    
Tomorrow we are headed up to Rossland, BC for what I will be the beginning of my season. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to toe the line with some of Canada's best young racers as it should be a good test to see where I am right now--They'll be moving pretty fast right now, trying to qualify for their respective teams. I hope there isn't any confusion at the border due to my awesome passport picture.

On the living front, things have been good here in Bozeman for the last week, although the cold temperatures (most days not more than -10F) have kept me indoors other than to train and get groceries. Well, I'll be coming back through after Rossland. I'll have to get out and about then.

I hope that you all are--or soon will be--enjoying some great December skiing.


No comments:

Post a Comment