Monday, November 19, 2012

Driving to Montana.

The last couple weeks have been a whirlwind tour of the U.S. and Eastern Canada.

I started the month in the County with a weekend of time trials. We did a mock sprint at the Nordic Heritage Center with the U. Maine Presque Isle ski team on a chilly Saturday morning and Will helped me do a hilly 10km in Stockholm the next day. Both time trials went well. I'm really excited to see the UMPI boys moving so well; as for myself, I'm in way better condition than I was last fall, which will hopefully mean good things this winter.

On the 10th, we ran Mars Hill on a couple inches of snow. As it turned out, the course was actually smoother and easier in some places, though deeper snow slowed us down in others. I ran just over a minute off Russel Currier, which is one of my best results. He's getting ready to head over to Europe to prepare for another World Cup season pretty soon.

The next morning Will and I loaded up the truck and trailer and took off for West Yellowstone. Drove across Quebec and to just past Ottawa, where we spent the night. The next day we drove to Superior, Michigan. The final day took us from there to Bozeman, with a jog-stop in Theodore Roosevelt National Park in the badlands on the North Dakota-Montana border.

Spent the week training in Bozeman on snow in Lindley park and now were packing the truck to head up to West Yellowstone to see how bad the snow situation really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment