Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 24.



     October 24th is a day that can be quite different from year to year, especially in Northern Maine. Take, for example, this picture:











    This picture was taken at a sprint time trial we held in Stockholm, Maine on Oct. 24, 2009 - my first year with MWSC. It had snowed about 8" a few days before we were flying to Finland, so we had a race!



     Now, these photos are a different story. They were also taken on Oct. 24 of this year. The only difference - other than the blatantly obvious lack of snow - is that I'm about 5km from where the other picture was taken. Oh, and I'm on rollerskis.



This fall was a great one for training - the weather was nice and we didn't have any of those too much snow to rollerski, to little to ski kinds of days.

In these pictures (photo credit: Will Sweetser), I'm skiing by a cool little dairy farm up in Stockholm. The terrain is flat in places with some good long V2 climbs on either end, which are great for threshold. Oh, plus they just repaved the road!


I'm now out in West Yellowstone preparing for the first period of the SuperTour and praying for snow as is everyone else.

I haven't been able to get as many pictures up here as I would like, mostly because my camera is busted... I'll do my best to get a new one.

Until next time, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment